Sunday, November 23, 2008

Everything’s ready for Christmas… (Poem)

I’ve got all my Christmas presents -
Wrapped them all as well.
My Christmas cards are all posted,
As far as I can tell.
The tree is in the corner
With it’s lights, star, and glittery balls
And there’s Holly and some Mistletoe
Hanging in the halls.
The paper chains are making
The ceiling look nice
And the windows all are frosted
With that artificial ice.
There’s a wreath upon the door and
My stocking's on the fireplace.
I’ve even hung up an extra one -
Well, you know... just in case....!
I’ve placed a picture of me and Santa,
Carefully on the shelf,
To remind me of my visit
Where I chatted up his elf!
The turkey’s now defrosting:
Mince pies are on the table.
I’ll get the nuts and chocolate things
Tomorrow, if I’m able.
There’s fruit there in abundance:
A Yule log at the ready,
And the drink that isn’t in the fridge
Is tucked behind the telly.
My mother sent the Christmas pud
She said there’s 5ps in it.
She didn’t say a thing last time
And I very nearly croaked it!
The crackers this year were given to me
Which I think was very thoughtful
But what’s the betting the jokes inside
Are still as blooming awful!
Oh - I’ve marked the TV listings so
I’ll miss none of my favourite shows.
Though how I managed through 50 channels,
Heaven only knows.
Well, that’s the lot, I think I’ve got
Everything upon my list.
But I can't shrug off the feeling that,
There’s something that I’ve missed……
It seems to me, oh I don’t know,
There’s got to be something more…
Oh, pardon me: Just a mo’
There’s someone at the door.

"God rest you merry gentleman,
Let nothing you dismay.
Remember Christ your Saviour,

Was born upon this day"

Sorry, Folks. I gave at the office.

Carol Singers!

Now where was I?

Something missing...

Oh, never mind,
I’m sure I’ll work it out….

Merry Christmas!

No comments: