Saturday, March 25, 2006

I love my mum (Poem)

Mother's day 2006

I love my mum; of course I do,
Well, what’s there not to like?
She love’s me lot’s and buys me things
Fist toys, then computer games… then a car
And, last year, an exercise bike!
(I really must get around to using that sometime…)
But since dad died she’s come to believe
In something I find kind of silly;
A man that was beaten, then killed on a cross,
Who came back to life willy-nilly!
Y’know the cave that they put him in, they say,
Was covered with a blooming great boulder?
Then it was sealed and surrounded by
A group of a dozen soldiers!
But somehow this stone was ‘rolled away’
And there was no sign of the body.
About 100 of his friends then saw him alive!
Now, I ask you… who could believe that story?
I mean, Houdini was good but even he
Couldn’t do something like that.
Just ask his friends who met after he died,
Hoping for a chat!
My mum says that "God had planned it all
Right from the very beginning.
Someone had to die for all our sins
And Jesus said ‘I am willing’…
And because of that we can all have hope
Of eternal resurrection,
Providing we repent and believe in Him -
That’s all that’s needed at the final inspection".
It’s crazy I know, but even so,
There’s something about my mum
That makes me really want to believe –
Even if it does sound dumb.
There’s definitely something different
That I can’t put my finger on,
But ever since she’s believed in this stuff
She’s changed; she’s somehow… strong.
She also has a confidence, I’ve never seen before
And a peace that passes all understanding,
That I’d like to have, that’s for sure.
Not that she is perfect - oh no; no way!
She has her moments, there’s no denying,
But when I think of how she used to be
It almost sets me off crying…
So maybe next time that I go round
I’ll let her talk more and not argue.
Not to say that we haven’t tried that before,
But this time, perhaps, I will listen.. too.
One thing’s for certain, I love her - I do,
And would do nothing to hurt my mother.
So I’ll take it slow and some day, who knows,
I’ll know this Jesus as my Brother!

No comments: